October 2, 2015
Eat. Drink Paint Connect.
Start your weekend off right by making memories and a masterpiece!! Springfield College is heading to Northampton to host a Paint Nite for all ages in Union Station. A skilled artist will guide you through the painting process step-by-step and Paint Nite staff provide everything you need including an easel, brushes, paint, and your own smock.
Date: Friday, October 2nd
Time: 7-9 p.m.
October 23, 2015 – October 25, 2015
SAVE THE DATE!
The Undefeated and Untied 1965 Football Team 50th Reunion
Homecoming Weekend 2015
October 23-25, 2015
A reunion in honor of the 50th anniversary of your undefeated season during Homecoming Weekend 2015.
Greetings from San Diego and Cape Cod!
It seems like only yesterday we gathered for our 45th; however, the calendar indicates that was four years ago. In another year, October 2015, God willing, we will gather again, this time to recognize 50 years since our remarkable accomplishment. So, get ready for Fall 2015. We have some ideas, however, as usual; we need your full support. Here’s what needs to be done now:
- Get Oct. 23-25, 2015 on your calendar. Coaches Dunn and Auxter have indicated they are looking forward to being in attendance. “Tiger” is 94 and the “Aux” is 87 … need we say anything else?
- Contact at least one teammate, or someone else associated with the team, who you would really like to see and encourage him/them to return. Our goal is to have 100 percent participation. Our team’s student manager, Hank Knight, attended our 45th and was a reminder of the many people whose commitment of support complemented our determination to win every game. Team ’65 is a story about a determined group of seniors who had the full backing of talented underclassmen teammates, experienced coaches, loyal cheerleaders, family, and friends.
- Begin to determine how you will contribute to our team goal of creating a significant financial legacy to perpetuate the values we believe Springfield College athletics and the football program provide for young people pursuing a human helping profession. For those of you who may have remained silent on this aspect of our responsibility to those who follow, please give this objective your full consideration.
- Complete the enclosed Pre-Response Form and return to the Office of Alumni Relations so we may start a list of those who will be returning for this occasion.
Please feel free to direct questions or ideas to Scott. Cape Cod, Massachusetts: (508) 563-5336 or Venice, Florida: (941) 488-6090, or email@example.com.
Best wishes and good health to all.
Gary Wilcox and Scott Taylor
More information will be heading your way
via mail and email soon. Make your
hotel reservations now by calling the
Hilton Garden Inn in Springfield at (413) 886-8000,
and mention Springfield College Football.
In the meantime, if you have questions please
call the Office of Alumni Relations
at (413) 748-3161.
October 23, 2015 – October 25, 2015
Details and online registration forthcoming!
December 4, 2015 – December 5, 2015
Celebrate 100 years of men’s track and field and the women’s track and field’s team’s 38th year at Springfield College
December 4-5, 2015
At the celebration we will be hosting a Friday night social, Saturday home men’s and women’s indoor track & field meet, and a memory-filled dinner.
Make your hotel arrangement at the Hilton Garden Inn by calling 413.866.8000 and be sure to mention “Springfield College Men’s and Women’s Track & Field Reunion” for our special rate by October 30, 2015.
Points of Pride for the current Men’s and Women’s Track & Field Teams
- This year the men are hosting the New England Division 3 Indoor Championships on February 20-21, 2015 at our Indoor Track Facility.
- In the spring the men and women will be hosting the Outdoor ECAC Men’s and Women’s Outdoor Track & Field Championships May 14-15, 2015 on Blake Track Facility.
- In men’s track the team is a young one, led by some talented upperclassman. This year we have seen John Dayton, in the 35 pound weight, break a school record and lead NCAA Division 3 in best throw in that event throwing 63’10”. Sophomore Alex Niemiec has jumped well in high jump (6’8”) and long jump respectively. Brandon Hammerstrom has qualified in shot put and weight for several championships throwing personal bests in both events.
- The women are also a young team led by some talented upperclassman. Junior Samantha Pomroy is closing in on 500 and 600 meter Springfield College Records. Junior Abby Wright has been lowering her mile time from high school of 5:30 to 5:12. Senior Amanda Martin has been continuing her outstanding jumping in long and triple jump with hope of making NCAA Championships in March and May.